Grounds Maintenance Site Supervisor
£22,634 per annum rising to £25,670 p/annum with length of service
Permanent | 37 hours p/week
Together Housing is currently expanding, and we are looking to bolster our existing Grounds Maintenance service offering. Our Grounds Maintenance team, is responsible for the overall aesthetic on the external facings of all our properties. The post is to be based in Luddenfoot, Calderdale and will be to assess and deliver the works priorities to provide an effective and efficient service overall.
The key duties of the Grounds Maintenance site supervisors, based in Luddenfoot, West Yorkshire will be:
1. To organise and priorities the workload of the team both daily & weekly
2. To make decisions on site, to ensure that the work programme is kept to, and liaising where necessary with the Coordinator on decisions that impact resources & costs
3. Completion of grass/hedge cutting, strimming, pruning & general horticultural tasks in line with the THG service standard
4. Completion of litter picking and general upkeep of all areas of land the company owns
5. Carrying out of 1-2-1s and managing of members of the team
In order to complete this role, you will require the following key skills, knowledge and experience:
1. Practical experience of working in a Grounds Maintenance Service
2. Practical knowledge and the ability to operate Grounds Maintenance equipment & machinery
3. Knowledge of the H&S at Work Act and specific site safety
Due to the nature of the role, you must be able to legally drive a medium-sized lorry and trailer (Category C1+E) on your current driving license. This is a desirable but a non essential.
In return we can offer you a great set of benefits which includes; 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years service) + bank holidays.
A great flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies
Great new comfortable and modern offices
A huge scope of personal development opportunities
A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefits as well
For the more active minded we also offer a “cycle to work” scheme
The closing date for applications is the 9th December, with interviews being held on the 16th December
Complete the online application form by clicking apply now and click the GREEN APPLY NOW button top right of the page. Alternatively email your CV & a Covering Letter to email@example.com and please ensure you download a copy of the Job Description from the top of the page & ensure your CV matches the requirements of the role.
Together Housing is dedicated to ensuring that the principles and duties of safeguarding both adults and children are holistically, consistently and conscientiously applied with the wellbeing of all in mind.
Together Housing Group is an Investor in People organisation