Delivered by Newground, the Talent Match programme in Calderdale targets young adults aged 18 to 24 who have not been in education, employment or training for 12 months or more.
The programme focuses on supporting those who are furthest from the job market, including those who are completely outside of the benefits, work and training system. Many face severe barriers to gaining the skills they need to get into work.
Young people will receive intensive support and coaching from their key worker for 12 months, together with:
- 1:1 mentoring support
- Group activities focused on improving social awareness, emotional and personal development
- Links to external support networks and agencies
- Activities to encourage self reflection and critical thinking to develop employment related skills such as CV building and cover letters
- Access to a bursary for bespoke training and work related resources
- Access to online mental health support through
- Making your Mind Up (MYMUP) A peer to peer support network and social calendar led by the Youth Association.
To be eligible for Talent Match, individuals must be aged 18 to 24, a resident of the West Yorkshire District and have been unemployed for 12 months. Those who have experienced short periods in employment (up to 6 weeks) are still eligible for the programme.
What some of our young people have to say about the programme:
“Thank you for all your help over the years! I’m like a different person now - goes to show what you guys do really works.” Evie
“I really liked Stephen’s confident nature. It had a great effect on me. Attending the projects helped me get into a routine which has resulted in me finding a volunteering opportunity at a local theatre.” Chris.
For more information, contact:
Samantha Harrison, Talent Match Key Worker, M: 07860 952814
Stephen Bedeau, Talent Match Key Worker, M: 07793 618769
Dipak Mistry, Talent Match Key Worker, M: 07971 802978
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org