Project Officer (South Kirkby - Young People)
Location: South Kirkby
Salary: £19,725 p/annum, pro rata
Benefits: 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays. Contributory pension scheme. Health care package.
Closing Date: Tuesday 16 October 2018
Interview dates: Wednesday 24th October 2018
Hours: 22.5 hours p/week
Newground CIC, a member of the Together Housing Group, is an award winning social enterprise, delivering professional products and services in a competitive marketplace and supporting the creation of sustainable communities. We deliver a range of Youth Work programmes across the north and we are looking for someone to join the team, with a passion for making a positive difference in the lives of young people and the communities we serve.
We are currently looking for a Sustainable Communities Project Officer, with a particular focus on engaging young people, to join our team. Delivering a variety of youth work activities and developing opportunities for young people working out of our base in South Kirkby, Wakefield.
In this role the successful candidate will be developing and delivering an exciting and varied programme, which includes a wide range of diversionary activities, informal youth work activities and environmental interventions in the area.
The successful candidate could expect their day to day activities to consist of:
- Through consultation and partnership working make a full assessment regarding the needs of young people and families within the identified neighbourhoods, ensuring that all delivered interventions relate to and address those needs, reviewing on a regular basis.
- To develop and deliver a range of interventions and personal development activities and projects for young people (8-25 years), their families and local residents within identified neighbourhoods ensuring safe and effective target outputs and outcomes are achieved.
- To develop positive relationships with key agencies including Youth Justice Service, Schools, Police, Neighbourhood Officers, Health, Connexions and other local partners to deliver a multi-disciplinary approach meeting the needs of the local area.
- To actively recruit people into the projects, retain their engagement and encourage them to participate in sessions and activities which raise aspirations, challenge them physically and emotionally enabling them to reach their full potential.
- To determine and implement effective approaches which will help people and families develop confidence, overcome barriers and achieve successful transitions.
The successful candidate would be required to have the following skills / training / experience:
- Experience of working with people aged 8 – 25 and their wider families
- Experience of working with and supporting a wide range of developmental disorders, mental health & complex needs
- Experience of developing positive working relationships with young people
- Experience of delivering needs led interventions, distractions & diversions as well as programmes of activities for young people and families are a whole neighbourhood level
- An NVQ 3 or equivalent in Youth & Community Work (or an equivalent relevant qualification) would be ideal
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will require a full driving license with a vehicle insured for business purposes.
The successful candidate will also be required to undertake a full DBS check.
Please note that this role will require twilight, weekend & evening work (including Friday nights). This will include 3 Evenings a week, in order to deliver activities and opportunities at the times the young people and the community need it most.
In return we can offer you a great set of benefits which includes; 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years service) + bank holidays. A great flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies Great new comfortable and modern offices A huge scope of personal development opportunities A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefits as well For the more active minded we also offer a “cycle to work” scheme
In order to apply please either send a CV & covering letter, outlining how you meet the Person Specification to email@example.com or click here – please ensure you download a copy of the Job Description first so you know what we are looking for. Please be specific on how you meet the essential job criteria.
If you would like to have a chat about the post and find out more. Please contact the Senior Project Officer, Lucy Spalding on 07875 319603 or email Lucy.firstname.lastname@example.org